Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's April and raining...

The weather folks are calling for more rain tonight and tomorrow - up to two inches! A portion will likely be in the form of thunderstorms, "some severe" they said. But I love rain and storms; they're very calming and soothing to me. Even the most severe thunder and lightening brings with it a tranquil peace for me. It's a wonderful thing.

Hmmm....sounds like a good day to be inside, snuggled up reading, or better yet writing, doesn't it.? I agree with you, but unfortunately I'll be working instead. Schlepping through puddles and mud in my fancy pancy rain boots and cursing an umbrella that's just about ready to give up the ghost. After all, work duty calls on the weekdays. They are calling for a sunny, warm weekend, though, and since I have to be out in that torrential mess tomorrow, I'll gladly take the more hospitable weather on my weekend. I have a few to-do's on my list, and a couple of should-do's too, and hopefully I'll have time to write a little.

I do have a writing update to report. A short piece I wrote and submitted a couple of weeks ago was accepted for publishing/posting by Six Sentences. It should appear on the site on April 23. I am very pleased about this because I thoroughly enjoy the site. Six Sentences is on online literary blog dedicated to short stories or written pieces that are six sentences in length--no more, no less. The size, style, and topics vary greatly, but most of the writing is intelligent, crisp, and, quite often, thought provoking. A bonus is that it can also be a quick read for those of us with little time to spare. So if you have some time, please check it out at http://sixsentences.blogspot.com/ and perhaps try your own hand at it. As the site asks, "What can you say in six sentences?"

More later folks....stay dry, or cool, or warm, or wet....whereever you are.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats on your SixSentences. Love that place.
I have two there myself. Looking forward to seeing what you can say in 6S.

~Kim