Tuesday, May 27, 2008

OK, so it's been a while...

Yes, it's been a few weeks - 7 to be exact - since I last blogged. Most of April and the first two weeks of May found me working way too many hours and when not working, I was attending, studying, or doing homework for my logics class. Occasionally I'd sleep. :) In between all that, I was planning my parents' 50th anniversary party, trying to spend time with family and friends, and doing a unhealthy dose of stressful eating.

But now, I'm back to my normal workload and stress level, I completed (and received an A!) in my class, I've taken a week's vacation to rejuvenate, and finally am beginning to feel like my old self again. I've started walking in the mornings again and this week got serious about eating right. It's time to get healthy again. Time to shed those extra 15 pounds I'm carrying around. Time to alter my lifestyle in healthy ways that will make a difference in the way I look and feel now, but more importantly, will make a difference for years to come. I'm ready. I'm motivated. And I'm determined. Wish me luck! :)

I haven't been writing much lately, I just couldn't find the time or energy I need for it. But the two poems that had been accepted by the two literary journals were finally published and I have to admit it was very satisfying to see my work featured and my name in print. Very satisfying. That combined with the sixsentence publication listed below added some much needed excitment to a dreary few weeks.

But now I'm back. I've been jotting down ideas for poems and stories and will get busy on those as time and energy permit and I'll be back here blogging more regularly. I hope all is well in your corner of the world. Peace.

No comments: