Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday morning round up...

On Sundays, I will be writing briefly about just a few things that caught my attention during the previous week. Some topics will be about me (are you surprised?), but most will be about the world around me. Some will be political, some news specific. Some will be about local events, some global. So, in no particular order and with no rhyme or reason, here are today's round up thoughts:

1. The Olympic competitions are a very special time. It's the one occasion, aside from national catastrophes, when every American comes together to root on their fellow countrymen and women. When we are all on one side. It's a feel-good time, a patriotic time, and time of pride and wonder. The USA athletes are glorious examples of mind-boggling strength and endurance, and of all-inspiring dedication and determination. So, to all the USA athletes who are competing, good luck to you....and win or lose, you make us proud.

2. My husband is Canadian, and I'm awfully danged fond of the place myself, so I must add.... To all the Canadian athletes who are competing....good luck to you as well and if we don't win, I hope you do! :)

3. John Edwards is an embarassment and a disappointment. And I don't believe a word he is now saying regarding when his wife and family knew about the affair, when the affair ended, and about not being the father of the mistress's baby. After he lied about the affair itself for months while thousands contributed money, time, energy, and heart to his fruitless, now precarious and doomed presidential campaign, why in the world would anybody believe anything he says at this point. He is a rotten liar...it's as simple as that.

4. Birthdays are great!! So a very warm and happy thank you to my family, friends and co-workers who helped me celebrate my own birthday this week.

Enjoy the coming week!

No comments: