Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, it's Christmas Eve eve, or something like that....and I just remembered I have one more present to buy for the hubby. I was waiting until the last minute because I was running out of places to hide things and didn't want him to happen upon the gift by mistake. But of course, out of sight, out of mind, and as I slid home on icy roads this evening and cruised into the driveway, I suddenly remembered the missing gift. And it's his main gift. The most important one. The one that will make him the happiest. Dang it! After a few minutes of panic, I found out that the particular store where I can purchase the item is open tomorrow so hopefully the ice will be melted and I can make a quick trip to get it tomorrow morning.

But who in the heck wants to be shopping for presents on Christmas Eve?!?!? Not me, I tell ya!!! Honestly, I had firmly planned to be finished shopping by Thanksgiving weekend (after Black Friday shopping!) I was determined to be done. I planned, I plotted, I started early!! What happened to that plan anyway? How did it get so drastically screwed up that I have been doing Christmas shopping every single week since then...and will be going out again tomorrow?!?!?

Well these past few months have been a blur that it's no wonder that I'm a bit behind. Ok...more than a "bit." But tomorrow, by golly, come hell or high water, I'll finally finish up my Christmas shopping! Really.

I'm behind in my blogging also, but now I'm back with an innocent hope and good intentions to create some kind of order to my life and that in doing so, I will also develop a regular blogging (and writing) routine.

Keep your fingers crossed. In the meantime, here's wishing you a wonderful holiday and new year with family and friends. May your life be filled with happiness and a calm peace.

Debbie

No comments: