Well, I've committed to a couple of resolutions for the New Year and yes, I do realize the odds are against me. But like millions of Americans, today I am optimistic and determined. I am committed and enthusiastic. I am woman, by golly! OK, perhaps I'll succeed at only a couple and completely change my mind on a couple more. Today, I refuse to allow naysayers and skeptics to dissuade me or convince me that I'm going to fail before I even start. So there!Take that!
Now that I have that off my chest, here are a few of my resolutions, actually goals, for 2009:
1. Get healthy. Yes this will mean losing a few pounds and eating right, but more importantly it means getting back to a regular exercise routine. (Actually I cheated and started part of this goal in Nov, so I'm already on my way to accomplishing this one!)
2. Write more. Here and elsewhere. This will mean, hopefully, submitting some of my best work, but more importantly it means developing a regular habit of writing. Period.
3. Develop a family financial plan. The national economy is in the tank and though we are doing just fine, we do need to aggressively plan for the future...for our retirement. This will mean saving more and making smart investments. Sounds fun, huh?
4. Complete my Associates degree by December. This is a tough one, and it may be the one that doesn't make it. Right now, though, that's the plan. I won't be stopping at an Associate's, of course, but it'll feel really good to get to that milestone.
5. Organize, organize, organize. Here and at work. Organize. 'Nuff said.
OK that's enough, don't you think? So, if you're reading this and you're still considering a resolution or two, go for it! What do you have to lose? Happy New Year!!