Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do your turn signals not work???

Honestly, people, is it so difficult to use a turn signal? Or to wait and pull out when you actually have the time and space? Or to not go until it's your turn at the four-way stop? Or...well, I could go on and on. Proper, respectful, responsible driver etiquette has all but disappeared. Poof! If it weren't for the cute little elderly lady who waited well beyond her allotted time at the four-way stop today, I'd be giving up on all driving man(and woman)kind.

What has happened that we can't be bothered with alerting other drivers to our intentions, that we are in such a hurry to get nowhere that we drive irresponsibily with no care to the law, standard driving practices, or common courtesy?

I must admit here, for the sake of integrity, that I do drive a little faster than the limit occasionally. :) That I sometimes get frustrated by the painfully slow driver in front of me and I hate an up-my-butt tailgater as much as the next person...but I still try to be a courteous driver the rest of the time. I use my damn turn signals. I don't cut other drivers off and I don't proceed at the four way stop until it's my turn. Is it too much to ask that other drivers do the same? I think not.

And another thing...I never get into the 10-items-or-less lane with more than 10 items. But don't get me started on that.

No comments: