Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday morning round up...

Well I'm back to Sunday morning round ups--where I comment on things happening this week in my own life or also outside of it. Just because I can.

1. Hubby and I are considering the purchase of another home--a place I have loved for years that has just come onto the market. We're undecided as the new house would be a larger mortgage (although completely within our limits) and we will not have sold our house before purchasing it. Scary...especially in today's housing market. It's made me realize, though, how lucky we are to be secure in our jobs right now...to even be considering having two mortgages at one time while others are worried about paying the one they have. We are very lucky indeed.
2. What in the heck is up with the Illinois Governor? I have to admit that it appears he was doing some unethical, unsavory finagling to fill the state's open Senate seat, but he's not actually been convicted of anything yet. How can he be impeached? And, I would bet this wheeling and dealing for seats, support, earmarks, and perks in the world of politics is a lot more widespread than we know or would like. Ever hear about glass houses or throwing the first stone?
3. I offer my deepest sympathy and prayers to the John Travolta family. I can't imagine the loss of a child. I simply can't. And please, media, leave the family alone. Just leave them alone.
4. There's always, always, someone that is worse off than you are. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and whining about it. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps, be determined to improve your situation, do what needs to be done, and make yourself and your life better. Or shut up about it!

That's it for now. Happy Jan 11 everyone!

No comments: