Saturday, February 23, 2008

Back among the living...

Whew! I'm back. Finally. After spending the better part of the past 10 days either sick with that bad flu that's going around, or trying to recover from it, I've not been online much. I'm just now poking around and trying to catch up. I was off work a few days during this time, but attempting to read blogs or websites, or trying to actually do some writing myself was literally impossible. On the rare occasion that I did have the energy to come to the computer, the words quickly blurred on the screen and headaches soon followed. The only energy I could muster was just enough to get me through my work day. By the time I got home, the computer was the last thing I wanted to see. Yikes! This was a tough bout of something, folks!

But I'm back among the living and feeling more like myself today. And it's about time! I feel like so much time was wasted when I could have been writing, or reading about writing, or writing about writing in this here blog. :) Sheesh. But I did come up with several interesting ideas floating around in my head (and written down on paper!) for new stories, poems, and writing projects. Most of them may not come to fruition, but at least I don't feel that it was a completely unproductive, doing-nothing-but-feeling-sorry-for-myself week. I managed to have a couple of bright ideas and that's better than nothing.

I hope all of you can avoid that nasty virus, and that the remainder of the winter season finds you happy, productive, and germ free! Hang in there, spring is just around the corner.

No comments: